02 février 2012

2 février



En France:



La Chandeleur, a "holiday" that has turned from something about Jesus and the Virgin Mary to an excuse to make crêpes (and also has a pretty French name).




In the United States:

We ask a weird rodent (that doesn't even seem to exist besides on this one day of the year) to tell us whether or not winter is over...? I'm not even sure I understand it, especially the part about if it is sunny and therefore there is a shadow, winter is going to be even longer??? Trying to explain it in French used up a lot of mental energy.






An obvious win for France. I ate lots and lots of crêpes today, and then I checked the weather channel to tell me when spring is going to be here (Martine: "l'année prochain")

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire