21 janvier 2012

Une list

It's been quite the busy couple of weeks - I feel like I haven't even done that much yet. MAIS, I have most certainly made use of my time here so far, a mon avis:

Number of:
Weeks in Paris: 2
Visits to the Louvre: 2
Baguettes consumed: thousands..?
Crepes consumed: see above
croissants: I think you get the point
Number of accidental self-inflicted facial injuries: 3

  • Number of aforementioned injuries inflicted at a world-renowned cultural institution: 1
  • Number inflicted while trying to wake up in the morning: 2
French University classes attended: 3
  • University classes in which I was so terribly confused, the professors may as well have been speaking about how much they like to eat babies: 3
Harry Potter books, en francais, successfully completed: 1
Times I have changed my mind about what I am going to do with this semester: 378023575938
Strolls along the Parisian boulevards: never quite enough
Cemeteries visited: 2
Shakespeare & Co perusals: 2
Bagels: 0 (whaaattt is happeninggg?)
rhumes: 1 (maintenant, bleh)
Times I've missed New York: ehh...0 (unless you count the bit of homesickness at the Jean-Jacques Sempe exhibit filled with New Yorker covers, or the times I've gotten lost in the metro (or when I realized there is no such thing as an express train),  during the classes that made no sense simply because they were in French, not because they were difficult, or when I miss mes amis americains)
Number of mimes, accordion players, men wearing berets and striped shirts and neckties while carrying a baguette and hating on America, obese people, poodles with the silly haircuts, [insert more classic French stereotypes here, etc]: 00000, zero, none. 


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire